20.8.13

Don't be fooled, it's a restaurant: Chic-Fil-A

PFB Article of Faith #1:
I believe that fast food can be good, but that it is often disappointing and poopy.

As you may recall, I wrote a really good blog post about which fast food restaurants I do and do not approve of. Not included on the list of approved fast food was Chic-Fil-A. I have a really, really good reason for this: Up until recent history, I was under the impression that Chic-Fil-A was a brand of frozen chicken and nothing more. Like, the logo's just really bland and looks like something that should be wrapped around some chicken breasts.

BUTT then there was all that hubbub last summer about Chic-Fil-A and I got to find out that it is actually a restaurant. However, I also found out that it's a FAST FOOD restaurant and, therefore, I thought it was probably disappointing and poopy, so I never bothered eating there, much to the shock of some people (actually, only southerners were shocked by this).

Well, people, Chic-Fil-A just opened up in the Cougareat, so I decided to go down with some of my homeboys and test it out.

Chic-Fil-A's menu is veryvery simple: they got some chicken sandwich, they got some spicy chicken sandwich, and they got some other things. This visit, I decided to jump in head first and order the spicy chicken sandwich and waffle fries (I kept things cool by getting the warter too).

Let me tell you, Chic-Fil-A is a PFB-approved fast food restaurant. Their sandwich is qualit-tay: juicy, flavorful chicken (not spongy like at other places), crisp, fresh lettuce, and a tasty tomato. And that's it! If you want mayo on your sandwich, instead of some crazy person putting it on and drowning everything, you can put it on there yourself. I personally put ketchup, mayo, and their Chic-Fil-A sauce on the bottom of the chicken patty. It was very good. (The Chic-Fil-A sauce is definitely something you want to try: it's sweet, but has a little bit of su'msu'm in it to make it more than sweet).

I'm afraid to talk about the spiciness because the only other time I've had something spicy on this blog, other people told me that I must have a low spice-tolerance. For the record, I enjoy spicy things fine, but when spiciness gets in the way of my eating, I don't enjoy it. Anyway, the spicy chicken sandwich was good, butt I think I would've enjoyed the regular chicken sandwich better. There, done.


Now the waffle fries. At first glance, they don't look like much. I thought they looked barely deep-fried or salted enough to be edible. That is, until I put them in my mouth. Antoine Dodson said they "got some crispiness" to them, and the boy is RIGHT. They're nice and crizzby on the outside and soft on the inside, with just the perfect amount of salt. I literally spent the next two days wanting to go back and order more.



So don't call me crazy, but I'm crazy about Chic-Fil-A. It's definitely a PFB-approved fast food restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment