22.8.15

THE ULTIMATE PROVO FOOD BLOG

When I found out I was leaving Provo, I knew there were a couple friends I needed to say goodbye to (and by “friends,” I mean “foods,” and by “say goodbye to,” I mean “eat.”)

So here it is: the very last Provo Food Blog featuring the very best food in Provo (in no order):

SLABpizza:
Thin, crispy crust and a versatile assortment of sauces and toppings to make your pizza taste like anything from pulled pork to tacos. Even though it’s pricey ($4-7/slab), the slabs (pieces) are HUGE and delicious. (You can read my original review of Slab here.)

Chile Verde (top, my fave) and the Veg (bottom)

Rancherito’s:
Cheap, fast, and tasty,  I once argued that this was the best/most authentic Mexican restaurant in Provo. Since, I’ve found a few places that make good Mexican food, but Rancherito’s is STILL the fastest and cheapest. AND it’s open 24/7. Thanks for always being there when I needed you, amigo. (You can read my original review of Rancherito's here.)

Even though I've been food blogging for years, I'm still not very good at food photography.

Café Rio:
I actually never blogged about this uniquely-Utah Mexican restaurant, but I have to be honest: I don’t love it. The food’s too American in my taste. BUTT their Grilled Steak Salad is something I can’t get off my mind: crunchy, leafy Romaine lettuce, little chip strips on top, a creamy tomatillo dressing with a tinge of heat (you have to pour ALL the dressing on top of the salad for maximum effect), tender, tasty steak in the bottom, all in a delicious chewy tortilla that you can use to wipe up the extra dressing (DON’T waste the tortilla or I’ll SLAP you and when people ask why you have a slap mark on your face you’ll have to say, “Because Gordy thinks I’m an IDIOT.”). P.S. I’m typically against ordering salad EVER (if you’re gonna eat a salad, STAY HOME), but this is the one place it’s worth it.

The one thing at Cafe Rio that doesn't suck. C O N T R O V E R S I A L.

Kneader’s:
The all-you-can eat French toast here is de-lite-ful. I’m crying just thinking about it. Chewy, sweet, cinnamony bread topped with strawberries and whipped cream, then DRENCHED in THICK  C A R A M E L syrup that’s as golden as the Plates of Nephi. CRYING. C R Y I N G.

TBH: A recycled pic from this blog post. 


So, these are the best places to eat in Provo in my opinion. Thank you, friends, for all you’ve given me (mainly gas and (?) green poo. #WorthIt)

SIDE NOTE: I know some of you may be surprised to not see Guru's on this list. Well, I went to Guru's and ordered my fave/usual (the Southwest Chipotle Wrap) and, honestly, it wasn't as good as I remembered. Either I've grown out of it, or it's grown out of me. Still, Guru's will always have a place in my heart. (Here's my review of Guru's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment