28.7.15

Picture vomit: Taiwan

These are some pics I took of some places I went during my last week in Taiwan. ;)

Sun Moon Lake Wen Wu Temple

After being in the big city for two weeks, it was nice to bust out and get into nature. We (my fellow white American teachers and I) were able to visit rural areas, including this temple on a secluded lake in the foothills of Taiwan. The grounds are pritt, the temple is made from granite and jade with super cool carvings, and there's a stairway with 365 steps leading down to the lake (one step for every day of the year). You gotta check it out.

View of the lake from the temple.







Steps leading down to Sun Moon Lake.
Took the liberty of taking a shot with my birthday stair.
Alishan
The word "shan" in Mandarin Chinese means "mountain," so Alishan just means Ali Mountain. This mountain is part of the mountain range that creates the spine of Taiwan. It's a real popular place for peeps to come and watch the sunrise. Just be sure to bring a jacket or sweater so you're warm enough. Also, bring running shoes so you can appreciate the scenery on a jaunty little morning run.

View from up top.

The forest.


The beach!
I got my fingers in this pic for artistic purposes.
Honestly, I don't love Ocean (because sharks and fish), but when it's hot and humid outside and you haven't been swimming in three weeks, it feels pretty good to put on some jaunty European swim trunks and dip in water for a bit. We took our Tour Bus down to Kenting, which is a party destination on the southern coast of Taiwan. We swam in the evening and partied all night. It was trick.



#jaunty



#nightlife

Crowds block traffic because #nightlife.

So these were my some neat places places in Taiwan. I appreciated them.

No comments:

Post a Comment