31.8.15

Fancy in Taiwan

Life here in Taiwan is just like life back there in America.

I have a Taiwan Mom and a Taiwan Dad and they feed me and take me places and tell me I’m the most handsome. We live in our Taiwan House, which is really a two-story apartment on the top floor of a really tall apartment building, just the three of us. We just need a Taiwan Dog and Taiwan 4 Cats and everything will be perfect.

Me and Taiwan Mom and Dad (I'm in the blue).

I got here Saturday and things have been going 100%  smoothie … smoothly. Taiwan Mom and Dad’s kids are all grown, so it’s just us in the apartment. “Mom” is the lady who had me and some other white kids come in July to teach English for a couple weeks. She’s hecka nice and so is her husband and they’re legit like my real parents (Taiwan Dad gave me dating advice the first day I got here).

Taiwan Church is nift. It’s all in Chinese, so I don’t understand 100% of it, but I do understand the words wo men (we) and nu-guh (um), which they say A LOT, so I’m getting there.

One of the elders let me borrow his pinyin hymnbook so I could sing in Mandarin.

Today I found out what my job is. I’ll be teaching six classes of kids aged kindergarten to high school how to read, write, listen to, and speak English. The teachers have given me my textbooks and lesson plans, but they’re basically like, “You’re gonna mess up a lot, so just send the kids to us when they annoy you.”

They're going to learn the best, most useful English from me.

So I’m nervous butt excited to start my new life. It’s raining a lot, I'm exploring a lot, and I think my hair looks great. So things are pretty normal.

The rooftop of an abandoned building I found on my morning run. Did *not* get locked up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment